Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD) is celebrated every year to mark the contribution of overseas Indian community in the development of India. These conventions provide a platform to the overseas Indian community to engage with the government and Indian communities in India for mutually beneficial activities. These conventions are also very useful in networking among the overseas Indian community residing in various parts of the world and enable them to share their experiences in various fields.
This year marks the 25 years of Indian-ASEAN Partnership which is based on centuries-old cultural, religious and human links, forged on an ancient route of commerce. The Indian Diaspora is an important part of Southeast Asia’s diversity and a strong bridge between India and ASEAN.
This year’s PBD will celebrate the India - ASEAN partnership and will be themed ‘Anchient Route, New Journey’. It will be held in Singapore – which is considered as not only India’s gateway to the East but also is the heart of ASEAN. The event will be held at Marina Bay Sands, on 6th & 7th January 2018. The event hopes to generate outcomes that deepen the diaspora’s relations with India and play a key role in promoting closer ties between India and ASEAN.
- - Celebrate 25 years of India-ASEAN Partnership
- - Theme: Ancient Route, New Journey
- - More than 12 sessions (ie, plenary, parallel and working luncheon sessions) with topical themes to strengthen diaspora engagement, understand their expectation and concerns
- - Sessions by business leaders, senior government officials & academics on current issues covering key sectors like Infrastructure, Finance, Education, Technology & Media
- - Networking opportunities to deepen diaspora’s relations with India and promote closer ties between India and ASEAN
- - Gala Dinner & Cultural Programme